Do I Need to Insure My Sea-Doo?
Summer is coming up quickly and we’re all looking forward to it! One of the best ways to enjoy the summer is to get outside, exploring nature and all it has to offer.
A lazy summer day can be great—who doesn’t like the idea of just sitting back and relaxing with a cold drink and a good book? However, some days you just want to get out on the open water and go for a ride on your Sea-Doo (also known as a Jet Ski). It feels so good to be out there, enjoying the sun and the feeling of cool, refreshing water on your face.
Before you set out, though, there’s something you need to consider: Sea-Doo insurance. Sea-Doo insurance can protect you from large costs if you are involved in any type of accident while on your vehicle. In this article, we’ll tell you about:
- What Sea-Doo insurance covers.
- What factors influence the cost of Sea-Doo insurance.
- Why you should have Sea-Doo insurance, even though it may not be mandatory.
At Archway Insurance, we’re here for all of your boating insurance needs, including Sea-Doo insurance!
What does Sea-Doo insurance cover?
Sea-Doo insurance is customizable, so can you select the kind of coverage that is best for you. These are the most common kinds of Sea-Doo insurance coverage:
- Liability. This Sea-Doo insurance coverage protects you against liability claims if your vehicle causes an injury to other people or damages their property.
- Property. This Sea-Doo insurance covers damage to your vehicle for a variety of causes, including accidents, theft, or fire. It can also cover you for injuries or damage caused by uninsured boats.
- Additional Sea-Doo insurance. This insurance covers things like towing, loss of personal items stored on your Sea-Doo, and liability for someone you are towing (e.g., during wakeboarding).
At Archway Insurance, we’ll take the time to walk you through all your different Sea-Doo insurance options to help you determine what type is best for you.
What factors influence the cost of Sea-Doo insurance?
While you can’t put a price on peace of mind, you can put a price on something that will help give you peace of mind—Sea-Doo insurance! There are a variety of factors that can impact how much Sea-Doo insurance will cost you, including:
- Your insurance provider (we’ll shop around for you).
- What your Sea-Doo is worth.
- What type(s) of Sea-Doo insurance you select to purchase.
- If you’ve made any customizations or upgrades to your Sea-Doo.
- What you use your Sea-Doo for. For example, it’s considered far riskier if you use your Sea-Doo for racing than if you just have it for personal use.
- Your insurance history.
At Archway Insurance, we’ll shop around to make sure you get the lowest price available for your Sea-Doo insurance, while making sure you still have all the coverage you need.
Why should I get Sea-Doo insurance if it’s not mandatory?
You may be wondering why you should get Sea-Doo insurance if it’s not mandatory. The most important reason to do so is that it will offer you financial protection if you are in any type of accident or your vehicle is damaged.
Without liability coverage, you have no financial protection if you are sued for causing either property damage or injuries to another person while on your Sea-Doo. You could end up being liable for hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of damage, which could financially cripple you.
Also, it’s important to get Sea-Doo insurance to protect yourself against financial loss if your vehicle is damaged or stolen. It can be very expensive to fix or replace your Sea-Doo, but with insurance, if anything happens to your machine, all you have to worry about is your deductible.
How can Archway Insurance help me with Sea-Doo insurance?
We live, work, and play right here in Atlantic Canada. We know how lucky we are to be surrounded by beautiful coastlines and endless blue waters, and we understand the temptation to get out there and explore them. We want you to be able to go out and enjoy your time on your Sea-Doo, while having the right insurance coverage to protect you and your vehicle in any situation.
When you come to Archway Insurance for your Sea-Doo insurance needs, we’ll:
- Explain to you why insurance is so important.
- Talk to you about whether your Sea-Doo insurance can be added to your homeowner’s insurance or if you’ll need a separate policy.
- Discuss the various types of Sea-Doo insurance coverage you can select from. Depending on how you use your vehicle, you may only need liability or comprehensive coverage. If your Sea-Doo is a critical part of your life, then you may want to purchase additional insurance coverage such as guaranteed replacement cost coverage or increased loss of use coverage.
No matter whether you’re new to the Sea-Doo life or have been enjoying it for years, we can put together a customized insurance package that’s just right for you. We’ll work with our trusted providers to ensure you get the coverage you need at a price that works for you.
The Importance of Sea-Doo Insurance
We know you’re counting down the days until the weather is perfect enough to take out your Sea-Doo. Now you know what Sea-Doo insurance covers, what factors influence its cost, and why it’s so important to have it, even though it’s not mandatory.
At Archway Insurance, we can answer any questions you may have about Sea-Doo insurance. We can talk to you about different types of coverage available, and put together an insurance policy that is just right for you.
If you’d like to know more about the Sea-Doo insurance that we offer, reach out to us to make an appointment. You can call us at 1-833-544-0475 or contact us online. We’ll work with you to make sure you have the financial protection and peace of mind you need with the right Sea-Doo insurance.