Tips for Moving Goods to Eastern Canada
Atlantic Canada is home to 2.3 million people and the region plays an integral role in the culture and economy of Canada. Its diverse and growing economy is powered by several key industries, including oil and gas exploration, extraction, processing, and exportation; shipbuilding; hydroelectric energy production; mining; and tourism.
If you wish to grow your business in this dynamic region, you can feel confident in knowing that our team at Archway Insurance is here to help you with your insurance, as well as a few other tips and resources:
1. Helpful guide books for commercial truckers
2. Maintaining best practices helps decrease the cost of doing business
3. You need the right insurance plan for your business
We hope this information helps you understand the essentials for transporting in Canada’s maritime provinces. If you are looking to insure your commercial trucks or automobiles, more information about our policies can be found at the end of this article.
Helpful guide books for commercial truckers
If you are sending goods to eastern Canada, it matters that you do it right. For the benefit of business owners just like you, the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal has created a reference guide detailing the rules and regulations that commercial truckers need to know in order to do business in the province.
It’s an excellent resource for understanding the basics of transporting goods to eastern Canada and contains detailed breakdowns of key concepts and regulations that your business needs to follow. These include but are not limited to the following:
- National Safety Code standards
- The Commercial Carrier Registration Program
- Proper licensing for commercial truck drivers in eastern Canada
- Transportation of dangerous goods
- Cargo securement policies
Note that some wording in this guidebook may differ from the official version of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations, therefore, we recommend that you consult official resources where strict accuracy is necessary.
The Government of Nova Scotia also offers services that can help you find the permits and licenses you need to do business in the region (found here).
Maintaining best practices helps decrease the cost of doing business
When you are moving goods to eastern Canada, every penny counts. Avoiding unnecessary expenses is critical to your company’s profitability.
Saving money on insurance is one of the best ways to make sure that your business is using its funds effectively.
The following are best practices that can help make commercial trucking insurance affordable:
- Established, rigorous driver, hiring practices.
- A regular vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Mandatory safety training for drivers.
- Clear, documented safety policies and procedures for all aspects of your business.
- Detailed log and reporting standards.
- Established, ongoing communication with drivers.
- When it comes to saving money on insurance plans, your plan holder also matters.
5. You need the right insurance plan for your business
When your business moves goods to eastern Canada, you rely on company vehicles to reach customers. They are essential to keeping your clients satisfied and your company competitive in a fast-paced industry.
Just one accident with any of your company vehicles can make the difference between receiving orders from a loyal, repeat customer and an angry cancellation email.
Securing your trucks, vans, and other company road vehicles with commercial auto insurance can thus help protect your investments and get you back to work quickly after an accident.
Get Insured With Archway Insurance
At Archway Insurance, our experienced team of commercial trucking insurance brokers can help protect your vehicles with the following coverages:
- Automobile third-party liability coverage
- Automobile collision coverage
- Automobile comprehensive coverage, including coverage for fire and theft
- Cargo coverage
- Commercial general liability coverage
- Property coverage (garages or buildings)
When you are shipping goods to eastern Canada, you want insurance from a company that knows the Maritimes very well – Archway Insurance is a great fit..
Our dedicated and professional brokers will work with you to understand your business, uncover your needs, and provide you with expert advice.
For all your commercial auto and trucking protection needs in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island, give Archway Insurance a call today at 1-833-544-0475 or contact us here.